Monday, July 25, 2011

When I saw that this month's JFI by Saffron Trail is on Chillies, the first thing that came to my mind was the spicy fried fish that my mom invariably prepares when we visit home. This is her preparation and I am merely posting the recipe with the picture. Since its exremely difficult to get good fresh fish in Hyderabad, I am left with no options.



What I Used:

Any medium sized fish - 4 pieces

For the paste:
Chilly powder - 1tsp
Pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
Ginger-garlic paste - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - 1 strand
Turmeric powder - one pinch
Fenugreek powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt - to taste

How I Made It:

Grind the ingredients for the paste, adding a little water. Marinate the fish pieces in the paste for 4 hours. Deep fry in coconut oil till the pieces turn dark. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment